The quality of schools is a contributing factor for anyone buying a home. The Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, and Dewey-Humboldt areas have numerous award-winning public, private, and charter schools in the area. Each has something unique to offer.
- Prescott Unified School District: Six primary schools and one high school.
- Humboldt Unified School District: Serving Prescott Valley and Dewey-Humboldt with five elementary, two middle schools, and one high school.
- Chino Valley Unified School District: Two primary schools, one middle school and one high school.
- Charter and Private Schools: Tri-City, BASIS, AAEC, Trinity Christian, and Franklin Phonetic.
With so many options, the challenge is how do you evaluate schools? Consider these tips:
- Visit the School: Take time to visit the schools and meet teachers during class hours so you can observe how students interact with each other and what types of activities they get involved in.
- Investigate After-School Activities: Find out if after-school activities such as music lessons, sports teams, tutoring, etc., are offered at the school and if transportation is provided.
- Public or Private: Do you want your children to attend a public or private school?
- Student to Teacher Ratio: Ask how many children there are in each class and the average number of students per teacher (student-teacher ratio).
- Visit Open Houses or Evenings for Prospective Families: These are great opportunities for you to meet other parents who are already sending their children to the school.
- Public Transportation: Does the bus pick up your kids at home? Is it also available after school?
- Community Involvement: Does the school have volunteers, parent groups or support organizations? This is a great indicator of how much engagement there is in the schools by community members.
Be sure to ask me for information. As a realtor in the Prescott area, I know the schools very well and am happy to help in any way I can.
I moved to Prescott in 1995 and started my Real Estate career in 1998. As a mother of four, and the veteran of 5 corporate relocation’s, I brings a world of understanding and expertise into making a new town and a new house into a new home. My personalized and comprehensive service, complete support to my clients, along with superior service is key to my successful 20 years of thriving in Prescott Real Estate.